Alfred and Plantagenet is a Franco-Ontarian township in eastern Ontario, Canada, in the United Counties of Prescott and Russell. Located approximately 70 km (43 mi) from downtown Ottawa at the confluence of the Ottawa River and the South Nation River.
The township was formed on January 1, 1997, through the amalgamation of Alfred Township, Alfred Village, North Plantagenet Township, and Plantagenet Village.
Plantagenet is from the royal house established by King Henry II. Settled in 1811-12. Post office from 1838.
Near the town of Alfred, the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has designated the Alfred Bog as "a provincially significant wetland and an Area of Natural and Scientific Interest." Species of interest include the palm warbler, northern pitcher-plant, pink lady's-slipper, cottongrass, bog elfin and bog copper butterflies, and ebony boghaunter dragonfly. It also hosts one of the most southerly herds of moose. The bog is open to the public with a 272-metre (892 ft) boardwalk for nature walks.
University of Guelph-Ontario Agricultural College's Alfred College was located here until 2015.
Eglise de Saint-Paul Plantagenet ON
400 Water St, Plantagenet, ON K0B 1L0